Name: Callie Bateson
Job Title:Stylist/Balayage Specialist
Life Motto: Dream it Believe it Achieve it
- What is your greatest life achievement?
Being a hairdresser is my greatest life achievement. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do.
2. What is your favourite part of hairdressing?
I love being creative and doing balayage hair as you can create such a natural or bold look by just adding different tones. I also love doing transformations so you can see a clear difference which my clients love.
3. What do you like about working at Victoria Hutchinson & CO?
We have all known each other for a long time now and are more like friends and not just work colleagues which means a lot. It’s a cosy, friendly environment which is important. It also doesn’t look like a normal salon. It is very unique which clients love to.
4. What are the values that drive you?
I want to be the best at what I do by learning all new latest techniques.
5. What do you hate most about your hair?
I would love my hair to be a little thicker.
6. What do you love most about your hair?
I love the creamy colour of my hair and the length.
7. What is your most embarrassing moment?
I was pushing a box down the salon on the floor and the box got caught on a tile then I ended up falling over the box into the wall.
8. Why and how did you get into hairdressing?
When I was younger I always played with my own hair and family’s hair and just loved it. I always wanted to try out the latest plait and wouldn’t stop practicing until i could do it. From then on I always knew 100% what I wanted to do then at the age of 10 I had done my first wedding. At the age of 15 I was a saturday girl in a salon which I carried on to love the career so I decided to do an apprenticeship at 16 then have loved it ever since.
9. Who inspires you?
Lee Quin and Tia Lambourne for blondes, Glam by Heather for creative colours and then Chris Appleton for doing some amazing peoples hair.
10. What’s your secret talent that no one knows about?
I don’t feel I have a secret talent which no one knows about.
11. What is your hairdressing style?
Creative and willing to try new things.
12. Your top 3 favourite Podcasts/Books?
I don’t read books or listen to podcasts but I am always on social media looking for new colour formulas or reading up on products and techniques trying to find new inspiration.